A Rock

 I’m a big believer in making some kind of connection.  Especially these days, people don’t listen to what others are saying, or don’t reach others like we used to.  Relationships, and really most things these are superficial.  It’s difficult to find anything of substance, something thats genuine.  I try to have originality, or some kind of connection to whatever I’m interested in.  It makes things seem more real.  So I found a rock.  But this is just a prop.  But for me its going to be a part of story I’m writing.  I did this before with a lighter, and even had a name plate for a fictional character I wrote into a story.  These objects are of course just silly things, but it makes me think of things in ways I might not have before, and I can literally touch a piece of a world I’m making up.  It’s not any sort of mystical experience, but it does sort of stir up the imagination, and anything that gets the mind going is worth doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs

Western

New Year