Politics

I’m finding that people are finding things controversial that didn’t used to be considered that way. In either conducting my own research into politics, or just the daily nightmare of the national media, people try to make things controversial to get people to come over to their side. People themselves either don’t want to do any research into the simplest of topics, or are quick to label everything as “hate speech” so their opponents will have to be shut up. Frankly, we’re supposed to be the freest country in the world, and we can’t even come to terms to calmly and simply have open debate.

I’ve never attended rallies, or anything like that, other than the arguments you might get in with family, or people online, I’m not in the political process that much but I’m working on something that should be fairly accepted by both sides of the aisle. I’ve been working on it for awhile, so I hope it does well. I think this is a sign too, people are being agitated, and taking to politics in ways they wouldn’t have before. Americans should be involved in their politics, as long as they aren’t doing anything illegal. But even illegality isn’t stopping people these days.

America used to have this idea that engaging in the process sort of made one patriotic, because you were engaging in representative government.  Now it seems people just want power over each other, and we’ve lost something. Maybe we can get it back one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs

Western

New Year