Moments and Doubt: What It Feels Like to Write

I’ve been thinking I seem to come up with halfway decent ideas when I sort of think of them in the moment, though sometimes it’s good to reflect on things too. I like to think I have good ideas, or have something to offer that somebody might interested in knowing, but it’s usually the case I get sidetracked, distracted, lose interest, or lose confidence in my own ability. It’s tough if you’re trying to write because you often doubt yourself, and it sometimes sounds like a cliche kind of job. I spend most of my time playing games on my phone, or researching, instead of actually getting anything done. I did manage to finish one short novel, but I’m not horrible confident about it, I just try to chug along and see if I can find one project that will stand out, or make me feel confident enough to keep going.

It’s pointless to say you’re a writer, if you never write anything. Anyway that’s how it is for me, not sure if that’s being too honest, but who knows? I’m creeping up on 40, and I’m still trying to make a mark on the world. Maybe it’s something I’m still trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs

Western

New Year